Last updated: 11 September 2013
Why and What
The MPE 2468 Powerboard allows you to buy boards that can be used as the CPU heart of a product with your own custom I/O. The board provides plenty of I/O pins on connectors at the edges of the board. You can fit your own connectors, whether they be 0.1" pitch strips or stacking connectors (PC104 stacking or even gold-plated Samtec connectors). There are mounting holes for pillars. You can concentrate on the I/O for your product.
All the standard computer-style I/O is available:
- RS232 Serial - 10 pin IDC header - industry standard pin-out
- Ethernet - connector with blinkenlights
- SD card - micro SD
- USB device - plugs into any PC
- USB - device (option)
- Flexible power options
- From USB device connector
- From edge-connector 5v
- From 9-24 AC/DC jack
- 2 64 pin GPIO connectors on two rows at .1" pitch
The CPU is an NXP ARM LPC2468 running at 72MHz.
- 72MHz ARM7
- 512k on-chip Flash
- 64+16+16 kb single-cycle on-chip SRAM; total 96 kb
- 2 kb RAM with battery backup facility
- 16Mb external SRAM
- JTAG debug connector
- DMA engine
- RTC and 32KHz crystal
- USB host and device
- 4 UARTs
- 2 channel CAN controller
- 2 SSP controllers for SPI, SSI and Microwire
- 3 I2C interfaces
- I2S interface
- SD/MMC 4 pin mode
- 8 channel 10 bit ADC
- 10 bit DAC
- 4 General purpose timers with 8 capture inputs and 10 compare outputs.
- 160 configurable I/O pins
Board support software
This board is fully supported by the MPE Forth cross compilers, including Ethernet, TCP/IP with Telnet and HTTP servers, and USB device with VCOM (virtual serial) and MSC (mass storage).
Price and delivery.
There's a minimum order quantity of 25. If you have need for a smaller quantity, we may be able to add it on to a production run. These boards are now fully manufacured in the UK.
Our thanks to CMon Systems for permission to supply this board to the rest of the world.